FREE Group Lesson
Got your learners or restricted and a few hours under your belt?
Get together with two mates who are driving at a similar level and undertake a free skill development lesson.
Whilst behind the wheel you’ll learn about:
- Identify Risks with 12 second scanning (hazard ID).
- Practice 12 second scanning with a hazard ID commentary to highlight the benefits of early risk identification and the benefits of a planned driver vs a reactive driver (e.g. tailgating and reacting to brake lights).
- Develop the notion that the earlier a driver sees the hazard the more time they have to plan a safe response.
- Benefit of using a safe following distance subject to the driving conditions (2 - 4 second rule).
Personal management of approach speed to intersections
- Allowing the driver, the time to analyse the hazards based on what can be seen, what can’t be seen and what is a reasonable expectation of what could happen?
- Open vs Closed views in determining approach speed.
- Demonstrate safe approach and emerge at intersections, highlighting approach speed and scanning techniques.
- Ready to stop but planning to go.
- Having enough time to scan adequately and make good gap selection choices.
- Positioning for safety, view, and progress based on hazards such as parked vehicles, curve of the intersection, road traction, roadside furniture, local knowledge.
3 people in group.
Pick up one location.
All must have a current licence.